Tahina, which is made from ground sesame seeds, is a nutritious and versatile food that offers many health benefits. Some of the potential health benefits of tahina include:
- Rich in nutrients: Tahina is a good source of several essential nutrients, including protein, fiber, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Heart health: The healthy fats found in tahina may help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Bone health: Tahina is a good source of calcium, which is important for bone health and may help reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Digestive health: Tahina contains fiber, which can promote healthy digestion and regular bowel movements.
- Anti-inflammatory: Sesame seeds contain compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the body and lower the risk of chronic diseases.
- Immune system support: Sesame seeds contain zinc, which is important for immune system function and may help fight off infections.
- Blood sugar control: Tahina has a low glycemic index, meaning it doesn't cause a rapid spike in blood sugar levels, making it a good option for people with diabetes.
Overall, tahina is a healthy and nutritious food that can be incorporated into a balanced diet to promote overall health and wellbeing.